Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hayden's Bad News :(

Yesterday I took Hayden to see Dr. Belmont, his Pediatric Otolaryngology, for some really depressing news. Beginning March 31, we have been fighting with 4 cases of double ear infections with him. Poor baby has been in some serious pain. Craig and I are the pros at ear infection because when Riley was a baby he had about 1 every month, but Hayden has reacted very differently with his ear infections than Riley did. Unfortunately the beginning of May, when I called to make Hayden a dr's appt with Dr. Little who was Riley's ENT, he was booked until next month, but luckily Dr. Belmont who practices with Dr. Little was able to see him sooner . But after all the test, exams and hearing applications they preformed the verdict was tubes. We were very lucky with Riley that he suffered zero hearing loss with all his infections. However, Hayden was low on his hearing test which means that he's not hearing things like he should be, not necessarily hearing loss, which may have been happening since birth, which explains why Hayden isn't talking as well as Riley did at his age. I have always been concerned with his speech but our Pediatrician and everybody else I have talked to has told me that the second child never speaks as well or as soon as the first because Big Brother/Sister always talks for them. But I have my motherly instinct and it was correct. So hopefully, fingers crossed, when we get the tubes his speech will pick up. Hayden speaks well now, but no where near what Riley was. So June 16th, keep us in your prayers!


On to a funnier note, the other day Hayden and I had been shopping in Turkey Creek and we got in the car and was headed to meet Daddy for lunch and I glanced back at him and this is what I found!!!!


Brandy had left her cigarettes in my diaper bag when we went to see Thomas the Train and Hayden found them. So you tell me that kids don't pick up on what goes on around them. I guess he watches Papaw and Brandy too much!

No comments: