Friday, May 1, 2009

Kindergarten here we come...


So today I tool Riley for his Kindergarten physical and to pre-register for Kindergarten. First off, I can't believe that he is old enough to even think about school. So we started the morning off at the Children's Clinic for our check-up. Which went very well, until the nurse mentioned "shots". Then it was all down hill from there. Riley is terrified of shot, needles, blood or anything related to that. Immediately he started freakin' out...I mean crying, yelling, shaking, breathing heavily and the Nurse hadn't even made it back to the room with the shots. He just wanted me to hold him, and keep on say...."LET'S GET OUTTA HERE" and the funniest things was when he looked at me and told me that this was the worse day of his life! I just started laughing, which just made it worse. Finally the nurse came in with her tray, and it got a thousand times worse. But we made it through all 4 vaccines and believe it or not, he lived through them, with a really sore arm.

After we collected all our documentation and stickers we headed to Knoxville. Riley got to go buy him a new toy and got to choose where to eat lunch. Plus, Momma had to do a little bit of shopping.

Riley was really excited about going to school, especially now the Dr's visit was over. We went in and Riley did amazingly well on his assessment test. The teacher was bragging on how much he knew compared to the other children, when Riley looked up at me and said "Momma, did they think I was dumb". I explained to him what she was talking about.

I actually handled things really well today, which I tried to prepare myself for. The real test is how I will handle his actual first day....we'll find out in August!

Photobucket

No comments: