Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Riley did it!

I know that almost every parent faces it, and as a hairdresser I see it a lot, but I stress to my kids "Momma is the only person who cuts your hair". Well, Riley decided that today he was going to cut his hair. Yes, while I was at the Dr's office with Hayden this afternoon I received the pix text.......I was stunned! I know that luckily we do have boys and it isn't as tragic as having a little girl mess up her hair. It was still heart shattering. Not only did Riley butcher up his hair, but he decided that Skyler needed hers trimmed too. Thank heavens that he only "trimmed her".....just a small spot right above her ear, which can be hidden very well. When I made it back to the van, I called Momma and she told me the story. I asked to speak to Riley, he actually got on the phone, so I asked him what he had been doing, his response was "nothing, Momma!". I ask him again, and stressed the fact that he wasn't doing anything, so he said "Well Momma, I was cutting my new paper and I hit a BIG bump, and can you believe that my scissors jumped right out of my hand and cut mine and Skyler's hair, and then jumped back into my fingers". That is word for word what he told me....I was more amazed with the story he told me than the fact of him actually cutting their hair! He later told me that he didn't want to look like a girl anymore, since Uncle RC calls him a girl all the time. Which we all know how Uncle RC is, he is always aggravating us. Well, all I have to say is that I have handled it very well, on the other hand, I don't know how Dad will react! I told him briefly on the phone earlier and he wasn't happy! Well, his exact words were.."Why did you let him do that and it so close to us leaving"..well first of all I didn't LET him do it and second of all he is referring to his High School reunion August 1 & 2. LOL.....I still haven't cut it, still trying to figure out my choices, if I actually pull the hair from the left side it covers it really well, so I think that I will just trim his front and wait a couple of weeks for it to grow back out! More pictures will follow when I decide on what I am going to do!





Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing mommy knows how to fix it! It will grow back.