Friday, August 29, 2008

Beach Shoot


I am very lucky that I was able to get these pictures, because as we were leaving Charleston headed to our resort in Myrtle Beach I got my "big camera" out, and was going to charge my battery that way when we got to the beach we could take family pics on the beach. Well, I decided for some reason to take some random pics on the way there, I put my lens on and snapped a shoot of the kids in the back, when I went to look at it on my display, only 1/4 of the picture was there, the other 3/4 was black! So I tried again and again and again and it never got better, so I changed lens, still no luck! So I am freaking out......I know that my camera is about 3 years old and I was planning on upgrading to a 5D after my cruise, but I am on vacation without it. So as soon as we got to Myrtle Beach I searched for a camera repair store, knowing that I would have to send it off, I was hoping that I could get someone to look at it and if it was minor then they could repair it. There was only one store that told me to come in and one of their guys would look at it for me. So I left Craig and the boys at the beach and I took off. Once I arrived, they looked at it and told me that my mirror was getting stuck, and they tried a few trick and couldn't fix it. So once I got back to the resort I played around with it hoping I could get it to work, and for some reason I held it upside down and it worked!!!! I was so excited but it would only work in manual mode, which is fine for me because that is how I always shoot, but my sister was the one going to be taking our family pictures. So I tried to train her in the hours prior to the shoot, and I have to say, she done very well. Even though she looked retarded on the beach taking pictures with the camera upside down....but we all thought it was very comical! So needless to say, I have ordered my new camera just a little earlier than expected!







My boys!






Photobucket


No comments: